July 28, 2017
A dental bridge is kind of like the bridges you see while driving. This advanced tooth replacement prosthetic is used to bridge a gap between two teeth. A dental bridge is often referred to as a fixed bridge or crown and bridge. They are a great option to replace one missing tooth or several missing teeth in a row. At Premier Walk-In Dental, we offer both dental crown supported fixed bridges, implant supported bridges, and combination bridges (a bridge attached to an implant on one side and a tooth on the other). If you’re missing one or more teeth in a row, it may be time to ask one of our knowledgeable team members about dental bridge restoration in our Rockledge dentistry practice. Call our friendly team to schedule your appointment today.
December 17, 2014
Tooth pain and sensitivity should never be ignored or tolerated. They are always clear signs of dental infection. These infections can be treated with root canal therapy. Root canal therapy can eliminate tooth pain and save your tooth from necessary extraction. If you suspect that you have an infected tooth, make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental to get your tooth examined today. They specialize in preventative and restorative dental care for patients throughout Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental also serves families from Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy (endodontic treatment) is a dental procedure to clean out, disinfect, and seal the inside of an infected tooth. Infected tooth pulp (network of blood vessels and nerves) of the tooth’s inner canals, can cause severe pain, discomfort, and sensitivity. If left untreated, the infected tooth can form an abscess and need to be extracted.
What Happens During Root Canal Therapy?
- First, the dentist will numb your tooth and place a protective dental dam to keep the tooth dry and free of saliva.
- Next, the dentist will drill a hole for access to the inner pulp chambers and remove the contaminants inside the canals.
- Then, the dentist will measure, shape, and fill the inside of the canals with a rubber compound called gutta percha.
- Finally, the dentist will seal your tooth and perhaps place a restoration like a dental crown.
When Should You Get Root Canal Therapy?
Ideally, your tooth should be treated as early as possible. But if you are experiencing any of the following you should immediately seek treatment:
- Continually throbbing tooth ache pain
- Tooth ache pain triggered by hot or cold foods
- Tender, swollen, or bleeding gums around the infected tooth
- An obviously darkened tooth
It will cost a lot more in the long run to replace neglected teeth, than to seek out the dental care you need to save them today. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental for the root canal therapy that can save your natural teeth. The experienced and compassionate restorative dentists of Premier Walk-In Dental can provide immediate pain relief and peace of mind. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and nearby areas.
November 17, 2014
If you have a missing tooth, or anticipate that you will need a tooth removed in the near future, you should consider getting a dental bridge to replace it. Leaving empty space between your healthy teeth will allow them to shift causing bite misalignment and further damage. Gaps between teeth can also affect how you chew and speak and change the shape of your face. You can avoid these problems by getting a dental bridge and crown from Dr. Nichols. A dental bridge replaces your missing tooth with an artificial one secured by cement and dental crowns. A dental crown is a fixed device that covers your surrounding healthy teeth with a tooth-like cap to protect and strengthen them. Don’t let a missing tooth cause more damage than necessary to your oral health. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. They specialize in restorative dental care in Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and surrounding communities.
3 Types of Dental Bridge
- Traditional Bridge- Artificial tooth attached to two or more crowns.
- Cantilever Bridge- Artificial tooth attached to one or more crowns on one side of the missing tooth.
- Maryland Bridge- Artificial tooth that’s bonded or cemented to the natural teeth on either side by small metal or ceramic wing shaped attachments.
What Happens During a Dental Bridge Procedure?
- If advised you may be given oral, IV or nitrous oxide sedation.
- The dentist will use a local and topical anesthetic on the gums near your tooth to numb the pain during the procedure.
- The dentist then reshapes the teeth next to your missing tooth for the dental crowns. This could include filling hollowed-out areas of your teeth and filing down other parts.
- The dentist will make a rubber mold impression of the space left by your missing tooth and the teeth around it. The impression is sent to a lab to make a customized bridge.
- The dentist will place a temporary bridge for you to wear until your permanent bridge is ready.
- After a few weeks, the dentist will remove the temporary bridge and place the permanent dental bridge with permanent cement.
- The dentist will examine and test the dental bridge for proper fit before cementing. This may involve grinding parts of the bridge to ensure a proper bite.
- You may need to return to the dentist periodically for painless adjustments of the bridge to ensure a comfortable bite.
You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your other healthy teeth just because you’ve lost a tooth due to tooth decay or injury. Start protecting them by making a dental bridge appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves families throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and nearby areas.
August 15, 2014
One thing that many people strive for is having a beautiful, flawless smile. Being a sign of health a vitality, a radiant smile can improve the way we feel about ourselves as well as the way we interact with the people around us. Because many people consider a smile a first impression, people go through great lengths to make sure their first impression is a positive, memorable one. Unfortunately, if your smile is less than perfect, you may be feeling insecure about the way you look. Thankfully, Dr. Jeffrey Nichols is able to give you the smile of your dreams by offering porcelain veneers to his patients.
One of the amazing things about porcelain veneers is the fact that they are able to erase the hands of time. If your smile has been cracked, chipped, dulled in color, or misaligned, porcelain veneers are able to mask any flaw. Also being stain resistant and being able to last up to ten years with proper maintenance, porcelain veneers give you the ability to have a perfect smile at any given moment, while also giving you your self-esteem and confidence back.
The road to getting your porcelain veneers begins with a consultation with Dr. Nichols. He will be able to evaluate your smile in its current condition, and determine whether or not porcelain veneers are right for you. You will also have that opportunity to bring up and questions or concerns you may have, as we want you to be as informed and comfortable throughout the entire process as possible. Dr. Nichols will make impressions of your mouth and send them to a dental lab to have your veneers made. This ensures that your new smile coincides with your facial structure and features, making your cosmetic treatment personalized to you. When your veneers are ready to be applied, Dr. Nichols will remove a small bit of enamel from your natural tooth in order to make sure your new veneers fit well. He will make your veneers permanent using dental resin cement, leaving you with a flawless smile at the end of the procedure. If you would like the help of Dr. Nichols in achieving a beautiful smile using porcelain veneers, contact our office today!
If you want to make an appointment with Dr. Jeffrey Nichols or Dr. Ryan Collins, contact our Rockledge, FL dental office today! We are able to take care of all of your dental needs, and our experienced doctors are eager to help you achieve your smile goals! We are proud to serve patients from Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, and Palm Bay.