December 17, 2014
Tooth pain and sensitivity should never be ignored or tolerated. They are always clear signs of dental infection. These infections can be treated with root canal therapy. Root canal therapy can eliminate tooth pain and save your tooth from necessary extraction. If you suspect that you have an infected tooth, make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental to get your tooth examined today. They specialize in preventative and restorative dental care for patients throughout Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental also serves families from Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy (endodontic treatment) is a dental procedure to clean out, disinfect, and seal the inside of an infected tooth. Infected tooth pulp (network of blood vessels and nerves) of the tooth’s inner canals, can cause severe pain, discomfort, and sensitivity. If left untreated, the infected tooth can form an abscess and need to be extracted.
What Happens During Root Canal Therapy?
- First, the dentist will numb your tooth and place a protective dental dam to keep the tooth dry and free of saliva.
- Next, the dentist will drill a hole for access to the inner pulp chambers and remove the contaminants inside the canals.
- Then, the dentist will measure, shape, and fill the inside of the canals with a rubber compound called gutta percha.
- Finally, the dentist will seal your tooth and perhaps place a restoration like a dental crown.
When Should You Get Root Canal Therapy?
Ideally, your tooth should be treated as early as possible. But if you are experiencing any of the following you should immediately seek treatment:
- Continually throbbing tooth ache pain
- Tooth ache pain triggered by hot or cold foods
- Tender, swollen, or bleeding gums around the infected tooth
- An obviously darkened tooth
It will cost a lot more in the long run to replace neglected teeth, than to seek out the dental care you need to save them today. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental for the root canal therapy that can save your natural teeth. The experienced and compassionate restorative dentists of Premier Walk-In Dental can provide immediate pain relief and peace of mind. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and nearby areas.
No Comments »
No comments yet.
RSS feed for comments on this post.