July 28, 2017
A dental bridge is kind of like the bridges you see while driving. This advanced tooth replacement prosthetic is used to bridge a gap between two teeth. A dental bridge is often referred to as a fixed bridge or crown and bridge. They are a great option to replace one missing tooth or several missing teeth in a row. At Premier Walk-In Dental, we offer both dental crown supported fixed bridges, implant supported bridges, and combination bridges (a bridge attached to an implant on one side and a tooth on the other). If you’re missing one or more teeth in a row, it may be time to ask one of our knowledgeable team members about dental bridge restoration in our Rockledge dentistry practice. Call our friendly team to schedule your appointment today.
March 17, 2015
For tooth loss patients, a new set of well fitting dentures can improve chewing and speaking as well as provide a more natural looking and complete smile. Every few years, a new set of dentures are a necessary investment in both your good dental health and self-esteem. But even if you regularly replace your dentures, you may still need denture repair or adjustment. Biting down on hard to chew foods or dropping your dentures can crack the base, chip a tooth, or otherwise render them unusable. If this happens, you may be tempted to use an over-the-counter dentures repair kit, but this is never a reliable solution. If you need denture repair or new dentures, you can make an immediate dentures restoration appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental delivers quality care daily throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
We Offer New Full and Partial Dentures
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures can be used to replace groups of teeth or a few teeth scattered across the lower or upper jaw. All partial dentures are secured by the remaining teeth and have a gum-colored portion that blends with your existing gum line, with prosthetic teeth attached.
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are similar to partial dentures in that they consist of prosthetic teeth and gums. The main difference is that full dentures are a total replacement system for either upper or lower teeth and, in some cases, both.
Do You Have Ill-Fitting or Broken Dentures?
We offer a comprehensive range of denture fabrication, repair, and adjustment, including:
- New complete full or partial dentures
- Repairs of cracked or fractured dentures
- Re-cementing single or multiple teeth
- Replacing of one or more missing teeth
- Relining of full or partial dentures
- Hard or Soft Base relines
- Denture Whitening
Advancements in modern dentistry have made many improvements in the fit and appearance of dentures. They are more natural looking and comfortable than ever before. If you need new dentures, or denture repair, you can schedule an immediate denture restoration appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly renews smiles daily throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the neighboring areas.
January 17, 2015
Are your metal fillings past their expiration date? Metal dental fillings aren’t meant to last forever. In fact, there’s plenty reason to have your old amalgam (metal) fillings removed and replaced with new tooth colored composite fillings. Tooth colored fillings look better and are better for your long term health. They can fully restore a tooth damaged by decay to its normal function, shape, and color. When Dr. Nichols provides a new tooth colored filling, he will remove all decayed tooth material, clean the affected area, and then fill the cleaned out cavity with a material virtually indistinguishable from your natural tooth. To finally get rid of the metal in your mouth, make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. They are restorative dentistry experts, trusted by patients throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
Why Choose Tooth Colored Fillings?
In addition to providing a more aesthetically pleasing and natural appearance, tooth colored fillings don’t contain harmful mercury or other toxic materials. Mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings may be damaging to long term health. Tooth colored filling materials also require less tooth reduction than amalgam fillings which can leave teeth vulnerable to future decay.
The first step in performing a tooth colored filling procedure involves isolation of the decayed tooth. Tooth isolation is critical in a composite restoration, because it prevents moisture from interfering with the bonding process. The bonding procedure requires the placement of adhesives followed by the composite material, which is then hardened with a special curing light. The completed tooth colored restoration is both functional and natural looking. Although most dentists are skilled in composite fillings, their skill level can vary. Selecting the appropriate dentist for treating tooth decay damage is vitally important for your long term dental health. For a high quality tooth colored filling, make your restoration appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. They specialize in the removal and replacement of old metal fillings. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serve families throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and nearby areas.
November 17, 2014
If you have a missing tooth, or anticipate that you will need a tooth removed in the near future, you should consider getting a dental bridge to replace it. Leaving empty space between your healthy teeth will allow them to shift causing bite misalignment and further damage. Gaps between teeth can also affect how you chew and speak and change the shape of your face. You can avoid these problems by getting a dental bridge and crown from Dr. Nichols. A dental bridge replaces your missing tooth with an artificial one secured by cement and dental crowns. A dental crown is a fixed device that covers your surrounding healthy teeth with a tooth-like cap to protect and strengthen them. Don’t let a missing tooth cause more damage than necessary to your oral health. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. They specialize in restorative dental care in Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and surrounding communities.
3 Types of Dental Bridge
- Traditional Bridge- Artificial tooth attached to two or more crowns.
- Cantilever Bridge- Artificial tooth attached to one or more crowns on one side of the missing tooth.
- Maryland Bridge- Artificial tooth that’s bonded or cemented to the natural teeth on either side by small metal or ceramic wing shaped attachments.
What Happens During a Dental Bridge Procedure?
- If advised you may be given oral, IV or nitrous oxide sedation.
- The dentist will use a local and topical anesthetic on the gums near your tooth to numb the pain during the procedure.
- The dentist then reshapes the teeth next to your missing tooth for the dental crowns. This could include filling hollowed-out areas of your teeth and filing down other parts.
- The dentist will make a rubber mold impression of the space left by your missing tooth and the teeth around it. The impression is sent to a lab to make a customized bridge.
- The dentist will place a temporary bridge for you to wear until your permanent bridge is ready.
- After a few weeks, the dentist will remove the temporary bridge and place the permanent dental bridge with permanent cement.
- The dentist will examine and test the dental bridge for proper fit before cementing. This may involve grinding parts of the bridge to ensure a proper bite.
- You may need to return to the dentist periodically for painless adjustments of the bridge to ensure a comfortable bite.
You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your other healthy teeth just because you’ve lost a tooth due to tooth decay or injury. Start protecting them by making a dental bridge appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves families throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and nearby areas.
December 20, 2012
Periodontitis, or gum disease, is the result of plaque that is not removed and allows bacteria to grow and affect the gums. If untreated, the gums will shrink and eventually teeth will fall out.
Since the early symptoms are relatively mild, it’s very easy for gum disease to go undetected. Symptoms generally include red or swollen gums, bleeding gums, and persistent bad breath. This is another reason why it’s crucial that you visit your dentist every six months for your regular checkup. Your dentist will check for gum disease at each appointment. The earlier it is detected the better.
Gum disease can affect far more than just your gums, however. According to the Mayo Clinic, the bacteria that cause gum disease can enter your bloodstream through your gum tissue. This allows the possibility for other health complications if the gum disease is left untreated.
There has been a link found between pregnant women with gum disease and low birth weight babies. Thus, it’s essential that pregnant women add a dental visit to their pregnancy check list.
The American Academy of Periodontology discusses how there is a link between gum disease and heart disease. Though the connection is still being studied, it is believed that this bacteria enters the blood stream and travels to the heart and the rest of the body.
Also, a recent study has found a link between severe gum disease and impotence in men.
Gum disease can affect more than just the health of your teeth. While easily treatable, this disease could have severe complications for your health if left untreated. Regular checkups at your dentist’s office could have far reaching effects on your overall health.