July 28, 2017
A dental bridge is kind of like the bridges you see while driving. This advanced tooth replacement prosthetic is used to bridge a gap between two teeth. A dental bridge is often referred to as a fixed bridge or crown and bridge. They are a great option to replace one missing tooth or several missing teeth in a row. At Premier Walk-In Dental, we offer both dental crown supported fixed bridges, implant supported bridges, and combination bridges (a bridge attached to an implant on one side and a tooth on the other). If you’re missing one or more teeth in a row, it may be time to ask one of our knowledgeable team members about dental bridge restoration in our Rockledge dentistry practice. Call our friendly team to schedule your appointment today.
December 27, 2016
Should you extract your failing tooth? Dr. Jeffrey Nichols and Dr. Ryan Collins at Premiere Walk-in Dental preserve natural teeth whenever possible. They perform comfortable root canal therapy in Rockledge. Rather than causing pain, root canals relieve pain and return injured or infected teeth to full health and function.
March 17, 2015
For tooth loss patients, a new set of well fitting dentures can improve chewing and speaking as well as provide a more natural looking and complete smile. Every few years, a new set of dentures are a necessary investment in both your good dental health and self-esteem. But even if you regularly replace your dentures, you may still need denture repair or adjustment. Biting down on hard to chew foods or dropping your dentures can crack the base, chip a tooth, or otherwise render them unusable. If this happens, you may be tempted to use an over-the-counter dentures repair kit, but this is never a reliable solution. If you need denture repair or new dentures, you can make an immediate dentures restoration appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental delivers quality care daily throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
We Offer New Full and Partial Dentures
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures can be used to replace groups of teeth or a few teeth scattered across the lower or upper jaw. All partial dentures are secured by the remaining teeth and have a gum-colored portion that blends with your existing gum line, with prosthetic teeth attached.
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are similar to partial dentures in that they consist of prosthetic teeth and gums. The main difference is that full dentures are a total replacement system for either upper or lower teeth and, in some cases, both.
Do You Have Ill-Fitting or Broken Dentures?
We offer a comprehensive range of denture fabrication, repair, and adjustment, including:
- New complete full or partial dentures
- Repairs of cracked or fractured dentures
- Re-cementing single or multiple teeth
- Replacing of one or more missing teeth
- Relining of full or partial dentures
- Hard or Soft Base relines
- Denture Whitening
Advancements in modern dentistry have made many improvements in the fit and appearance of dentures. They are more natural looking and comfortable than ever before. If you need new dentures, or denture repair, you can schedule an immediate denture restoration appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly renews smiles daily throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the neighboring areas.
November 17, 2014
If you have a missing tooth, or anticipate that you will need a tooth removed in the near future, you should consider getting a dental bridge to replace it. Leaving empty space between your healthy teeth will allow them to shift causing bite misalignment and further damage. Gaps between teeth can also affect how you chew and speak and change the shape of your face. You can avoid these problems by getting a dental bridge and crown from Dr. Nichols. A dental bridge replaces your missing tooth with an artificial one secured by cement and dental crowns. A dental crown is a fixed device that covers your surrounding healthy teeth with a tooth-like cap to protect and strengthen them. Don’t let a missing tooth cause more damage than necessary to your oral health. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. They specialize in restorative dental care in Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and surrounding communities.
3 Types of Dental Bridge
- Traditional Bridge- Artificial tooth attached to two or more crowns.
- Cantilever Bridge- Artificial tooth attached to one or more crowns on one side of the missing tooth.
- Maryland Bridge- Artificial tooth that’s bonded or cemented to the natural teeth on either side by small metal or ceramic wing shaped attachments.
What Happens During a Dental Bridge Procedure?
- If advised you may be given oral, IV or nitrous oxide sedation.
- The dentist will use a local and topical anesthetic on the gums near your tooth to numb the pain during the procedure.
- The dentist then reshapes the teeth next to your missing tooth for the dental crowns. This could include filling hollowed-out areas of your teeth and filing down other parts.
- The dentist will make a rubber mold impression of the space left by your missing tooth and the teeth around it. The impression is sent to a lab to make a customized bridge.
- The dentist will place a temporary bridge for you to wear until your permanent bridge is ready.
- After a few weeks, the dentist will remove the temporary bridge and place the permanent dental bridge with permanent cement.
- The dentist will examine and test the dental bridge for proper fit before cementing. This may involve grinding parts of the bridge to ensure a proper bite.
- You may need to return to the dentist periodically for painless adjustments of the bridge to ensure a comfortable bite.
You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your other healthy teeth just because you’ve lost a tooth due to tooth decay or injury. Start protecting them by making a dental bridge appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves families throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and nearby areas.
September 17, 2014
Aside from being aesthetically unpleasant, having teeth missing from your smile is a difficult thing to live with. Along with being detrimental to your oral health, not having a full smile is damaging to the health of your body as well. Feeling confident in your smile improves your self-esteem, and not being proud of your smile can be harmful to your sense of self and the way you interact with the people around you. Though you may feel as though there is nothing you can do, Dr. Jeffrey Nichols is able to restore your smile to its previous brilliance using dental implants!
Dental implants are a permanent solution to having an incomplete smile. Whether you are missing a single tooth or a series of teeth, dental implants are able to complete your smile seamlessly. The first thing you need to do is set up a consultation with Dr. Nichols. He will be able to evaluate your smile in its current condition, and determine whether or not dental implants are a good choice for you and your smile needs. If you are a candidate for dental implants, that is where the fun and transformation begins!
Dr. Nichols works very closely with an oral maxillofacial surgeon who will place the implant. A bio-compatible titanium post will be embedded in your jaw bone and replace the missing tooth root, ensuring a sturdy hold. Over time and with healing, your bone will fuse with the post, making sure your new smile is strong. After the healing, Dr. Nichols will work on your crown. The crown placed on top of your implant exactly resembles a tooth, making your new smile as natural looking as possible. At the end of the procedure, you are left with a new, brilliant smile you can be proud of! If you would like to change your smile using dental implants and would like the help of Dr. Nichols, contact our office today!
If you want to make an appointment with Dr. Jeffrey Nichols or Dr. Ryan Collins, contact our Rockledge, FL dental office today! We are able to take care of all of your dental needs, and our experienced doctors are eager to help you achieve your smile goals! We are proud to serve patients from Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, and Palm Bay.