January 19, 2017
You have the worst toothache of your life. You need relief, but from experience, you know your dentist is unlikely to see you today. Please don’t hesitate to visit emergency dentists in Rockledge, Dr. Jeffrey Nichols and Dr. Ryan Collins at Premier Walk-in Dental. Whatever your urgent need, you will be seen the same day you walk in our comfortable and friendly offices.
October 15, 2016
Your dentist in Cocoa is available for advice and rapid treatment if you or a loved one suffers an oral injury. You have a broken tooth in Cocoa, lose a crown, or are struck in the mouth. Your emergency dentist at Premier Walk-in Dental delivers compassionate and expedient treatment.
December 17, 2014
Tooth pain and sensitivity should never be ignored or tolerated. They are always clear signs of dental infection. These infections can be treated with root canal therapy. Root canal therapy can eliminate tooth pain and save your tooth from necessary extraction. If you suspect that you have an infected tooth, make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental to get your tooth examined today. They specialize in preventative and restorative dental care for patients throughout Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental also serves families from Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy (endodontic treatment) is a dental procedure to clean out, disinfect, and seal the inside of an infected tooth. Infected tooth pulp (network of blood vessels and nerves) of the tooth’s inner canals, can cause severe pain, discomfort, and sensitivity. If left untreated, the infected tooth can form an abscess and need to be extracted.
What Happens During Root Canal Therapy?
- First, the dentist will numb your tooth and place a protective dental dam to keep the tooth dry and free of saliva.
- Next, the dentist will drill a hole for access to the inner pulp chambers and remove the contaminants inside the canals.
- Then, the dentist will measure, shape, and fill the inside of the canals with a rubber compound called gutta percha.
- Finally, the dentist will seal your tooth and perhaps place a restoration like a dental crown.
When Should You Get Root Canal Therapy?
Ideally, your tooth should be treated as early as possible. But if you are experiencing any of the following you should immediately seek treatment:
- Continually throbbing tooth ache pain
- Tooth ache pain triggered by hot or cold foods
- Tender, swollen, or bleeding gums around the infected tooth
- An obviously darkened tooth
It will cost a lot more in the long run to replace neglected teeth, than to seek out the dental care you need to save them today. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental for the root canal therapy that can save your natural teeth. The experienced and compassionate restorative dentists of Premier Walk-In Dental can provide immediate pain relief and peace of mind. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and nearby areas.
October 17, 2014
You already know exactly what to do in case someone in your family has a medical emergency. However, many people fail to make any preparations for a dental emergency. Dental emergencies may not be life threatening, but they can cause severe pain and can even lead to permanent disfigurement if not handled properly. It’s important to know exactly who to call and where to go in case someone in your family has a dental emergency. You should make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental. They specialize in emergency dental care in Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and surrounding communities.
What to do in Case of a Dental Emergency
Immediate action should be taken to minimize the pain and damage from a dental injury or sudden illness depending on the nature of the emergency.
- Knocked Out Tooth– First try replacing the tooth in its socket. If this isn’t possible just keep it moist by placing it back in the mouth between the cheek and gums or keep it in a glass of milk.
- Cracked or Chipped Tooth– Rinse the mouth with warm salt water and use a cold compress over the face for pain.
- Severe Toothache– Rinse the mouth with warm water and take an over the counter pain reliever until you can see the dentist.
Dental Emergency Care in Rockledge, FL
You not only need a dentist for semi-annual check-ups to maintain good oral health, you also need a dentist for unexpected dental injury and illness. In case of a dental emergency the first call you make should be to your trusted dental care provider. Make sure you have a quality and caring provider in place for your family’s emergency dental care needs. Make an appointment to get to know Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental in Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and surrounding areas.