January 28, 2016
Do you have a schedule that’s so busy you practically need to schedule your free time? Then in that case, you’ll appreciate the convenience offered by Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-in Dental. As our name suggests, all you have to do is walk in to receive the dental care you need. We don’t just accept urgent care immediately, we also accept patients who need treatment that would normally require a scheduled appointment at another dentist in Rockledge, FL.
December 22, 2015
If emergencies made appointments, when would you schedule yours? Somewhere between now and NEVER sounds about right. All of us at emergency dentist Premier Walk-in Dental would be delighted if dental emergencies just didn’t happen. But like all emergencies, they do happen and they are always unexpected, startling and inconvenient. That’s why Drs. Nichols and Collins conveniently offer same day emergency dental care for when you or a loved one needs to be treated urgently. At Premier Walk-in Dental, we welcome patients from Rockledge, FL, as well as Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Vierra, Merritt Island and Suntree.
October 31, 2015
If you’ve got dentures, you know how important getting a good fit is. Ill-fitting or loose dentures are stressful, uncomfortable and even embarrassing — but your dentists at Premiere Walk-In Dental want you to know it doesn’t have to be that way. Dentures were designed to be a relatively comfortable, natural-looking way to replace missing teeth. If yours are anything less than that, we want you to know you can walk into our office for denture repair or replacement in Rockledge, Florida anytime. Keep reading to learn more — we’re waiting for you to drop by!
July 30, 2015
It’s no surprise that root canals are universally despised by patients. Every time you hear about a root canal there always seems to be a horror story that’s attached to it. The truth is, root canal treatment has come a long way and it can be quite comfortable. It all depends on how severe your case is and how we’re able to treat it. We know that the high-pitched sound of a dental drill keeps you up at night, especially if you’re supposed to undergo treatment. At our office in Rockledge, FL, our root canal therapy helps you avoid the pain and countless complications that usually go along with root canal treatment. Dr. Nichols uses a gentle approach with a caring hand so that you remain comfortable throughout your procedure. How did it get to this, though? Why do you need root canal treatment in the first place? Read on.
June 25, 2015
Dental emergencies can happen anywhere, anytime to anyone. It doesn’t matter whether it’s a small tyke or an elderly man, teeth are fragile parts of the body that need to be taken care of with the utmost care. It doesn’t matter how well you practice dental hygiene or how white and straight your teeth are, all it takes is a hard hit from an object or a nasty spill that can change the way your smile looks forever. Forever is a long time and we don’t want you to suffer from any dental damage, so, whenever a dental emergency makes its presence known, let our team in Rockledge, FL handle everything. We’re called Premier Walk-In Dental for a reason; you can come to us for emergency dental service.
March 17, 2015
For tooth loss patients, a new set of well fitting dentures can improve chewing and speaking as well as provide a more natural looking and complete smile. Every few years, a new set of dentures are a necessary investment in both your good dental health and self-esteem. But even if you regularly replace your dentures, you may still need denture repair or adjustment. Biting down on hard to chew foods or dropping your dentures can crack the base, chip a tooth, or otherwise render them unusable. If this happens, you may be tempted to use an over-the-counter dentures repair kit, but this is never a reliable solution. If you need denture repair or new dentures, you can make an immediate dentures restoration appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental delivers quality care daily throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
We Offer New Full and Partial Dentures
- Partial Dentures: Partial dentures can be used to replace groups of teeth or a few teeth scattered across the lower or upper jaw. All partial dentures are secured by the remaining teeth and have a gum-colored portion that blends with your existing gum line, with prosthetic teeth attached.
- Full Dentures: Full dentures are similar to partial dentures in that they consist of prosthetic teeth and gums. The main difference is that full dentures are a total replacement system for either upper or lower teeth and, in some cases, both.
Do You Have Ill-Fitting or Broken Dentures?
We offer a comprehensive range of denture fabrication, repair, and adjustment, including:
- New complete full or partial dentures
- Repairs of cracked or fractured dentures
- Re-cementing single or multiple teeth
- Replacing of one or more missing teeth
- Relining of full or partial dentures
- Hard or Soft Base relines
- Denture Whitening
Advancements in modern dentistry have made many improvements in the fit and appearance of dentures. They are more natural looking and comfortable than ever before. If you need new dentures, or denture repair, you can schedule an immediate denture restoration appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly renews smiles daily throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the neighboring areas.
February 17, 2015
More than 43,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer this year. That’s approximately one person per hour, every hour, for the entire year. The oral cancer mortality rate is particularly high due to the cancer being routinely discovered late in its development. While dentists routinely screen for oral cancer each time you get a dental checkup, often, the patients most at risk for developing the disease don’t see a dentist on a regular basis. Don’t jeopardize your health by skipping the dental checkup you need to stay healthy. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental delivers quality care daily throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
What Causes Oral Cancer?
While anyone can develop oral cancer, some factors may increase your likelihood. Anything that increases your risk of getting a disease is called a risk factor, but having a risk factor does not mean that you will get cancer. The most common risk factors for oral cancer include:
- Gender: Oral cancer is twice as common in men as in women.
- Age: The average age at diagnosis for oral cancer is 62, and 2/3 of individuals with this disease are over age 55.
- Sunlight: Cancers of the lip are more common among people who work outdoors or others with prolonged exposure to sunlight.
- Genetics: Some inherited genetic mutations, which cause different syndromes in the body, carry a high risk of oral cancer.
- Tobacco use: About 80% of people with oral cancers use tobacco in the form of cigarettes, chewing tobacco or snuff.
- Alcohol: About 70% of people diagnosed with oral cancer are heavy drinkers.
- Human papillomavirus (HPV) infection: There is a strong link between HPV-16 and oral cancer. People with oral cancer linked to HPV tend to not be smokers or drinkers.
What Are The Symptoms of Oral Cancer?
- A white or red patch on the gums, tongue, tonsil, or lining of the mouth
- Difficulty swallowing or chewing
- Difficulty moving the jaw or tongue
- Numbness anywhere in the mouth
- Jaw pain or swelling
- Loosened teeth
- Voice changes
- Sudden unexplained weight loss
- Persistent bad breath
- A sore in the mouth that does not heal after two weeks
- Persistent mouth pain
- A lump or thickening in the cheek
- A sore throat or feeling that something is caught in the throat
If you, or someone you love, are at risk for developing oral cancer, make an appointment for an oral cancer screening with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. The experienced team at Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serve families daily throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the neighboring areas.
January 17, 2015
Are your metal fillings past their expiration date? Metal dental fillings aren’t meant to last forever. In fact, there’s plenty reason to have your old amalgam (metal) fillings removed and replaced with new tooth colored composite fillings. Tooth colored fillings look better and are better for your long term health. They can fully restore a tooth damaged by decay to its normal function, shape, and color. When Dr. Nichols provides a new tooth colored filling, he will remove all decayed tooth material, clean the affected area, and then fill the cleaned out cavity with a material virtually indistinguishable from your natural tooth. To finally get rid of the metal in your mouth, make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. They are restorative dentistry experts, trusted by patients throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
Why Choose Tooth Colored Fillings?
In addition to providing a more aesthetically pleasing and natural appearance, tooth colored fillings don’t contain harmful mercury or other toxic materials. Mercury toxicity from amalgam fillings may be damaging to long term health. Tooth colored filling materials also require less tooth reduction than amalgam fillings which can leave teeth vulnerable to future decay.
The first step in performing a tooth colored filling procedure involves isolation of the decayed tooth. Tooth isolation is critical in a composite restoration, because it prevents moisture from interfering with the bonding process. The bonding procedure requires the placement of adhesives followed by the composite material, which is then hardened with a special curing light. The completed tooth colored restoration is both functional and natural looking. Although most dentists are skilled in composite fillings, their skill level can vary. Selecting the appropriate dentist for treating tooth decay damage is vitally important for your long term dental health. For a high quality tooth colored filling, make your restoration appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. They specialize in the removal and replacement of old metal fillings. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serve families throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and nearby areas.
December 17, 2014
Tooth pain and sensitivity should never be ignored or tolerated. They are always clear signs of dental infection. These infections can be treated with root canal therapy. Root canal therapy can eliminate tooth pain and save your tooth from necessary extraction. If you suspect that you have an infected tooth, make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental to get your tooth examined today. They specialize in preventative and restorative dental care for patients throughout Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental also serves families from Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, to Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and the surrounding communities.
What Is Root Canal Therapy?
Root canal therapy (endodontic treatment) is a dental procedure to clean out, disinfect, and seal the inside of an infected tooth. Infected tooth pulp (network of blood vessels and nerves) of the tooth’s inner canals, can cause severe pain, discomfort, and sensitivity. If left untreated, the infected tooth can form an abscess and need to be extracted.
What Happens During Root Canal Therapy?
- First, the dentist will numb your tooth and place a protective dental dam to keep the tooth dry and free of saliva.
- Next, the dentist will drill a hole for access to the inner pulp chambers and remove the contaminants inside the canals.
- Then, the dentist will measure, shape, and fill the inside of the canals with a rubber compound called gutta percha.
- Finally, the dentist will seal your tooth and perhaps place a restoration like a dental crown.
When Should You Get Root Canal Therapy?
Ideally, your tooth should be treated as early as possible. But if you are experiencing any of the following you should immediately seek treatment:
- Continually throbbing tooth ache pain
- Tooth ache pain triggered by hot or cold foods
- Tender, swollen, or bleeding gums around the infected tooth
- An obviously darkened tooth
It will cost a lot more in the long run to replace neglected teeth, than to seek out the dental care you need to save them today. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental for the root canal therapy that can save your natural teeth. The experienced and compassionate restorative dentists of Premier Walk-In Dental can provide immediate pain relief and peace of mind. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Rockledge, FL, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay, and nearby areas.
November 17, 2014
If you have a missing tooth, or anticipate that you will need a tooth removed in the near future, you should consider getting a dental bridge to replace it. Leaving empty space between your healthy teeth will allow them to shift causing bite misalignment and further damage. Gaps between teeth can also affect how you chew and speak and change the shape of your face. You can avoid these problems by getting a dental bridge and crown from Dr. Nichols. A dental bridge replaces your missing tooth with an artificial one secured by cement and dental crowns. A dental crown is a fixed device that covers your surrounding healthy teeth with a tooth-like cap to protect and strengthen them. Don’t let a missing tooth cause more damage than necessary to your oral health. Make an appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. They specialize in restorative dental care in Rockledge, FL. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves patients throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and surrounding communities.
3 Types of Dental Bridge
- Traditional Bridge- Artificial tooth attached to two or more crowns.
- Cantilever Bridge- Artificial tooth attached to one or more crowns on one side of the missing tooth.
- Maryland Bridge- Artificial tooth that’s bonded or cemented to the natural teeth on either side by small metal or ceramic wing shaped attachments.
What Happens During a Dental Bridge Procedure?
- If advised you may be given oral, IV or nitrous oxide sedation.
- The dentist will use a local and topical anesthetic on the gums near your tooth to numb the pain during the procedure.
- The dentist then reshapes the teeth next to your missing tooth for the dental crowns. This could include filling hollowed-out areas of your teeth and filing down other parts.
- The dentist will make a rubber mold impression of the space left by your missing tooth and the teeth around it. The impression is sent to a lab to make a customized bridge.
- The dentist will place a temporary bridge for you to wear until your permanent bridge is ready.
- After a few weeks, the dentist will remove the temporary bridge and place the permanent dental bridge with permanent cement.
- The dentist will examine and test the dental bridge for proper fit before cementing. This may involve grinding parts of the bridge to ensure a proper bite.
- You may need to return to the dentist periodically for painless adjustments of the bridge to ensure a comfortable bite.
You shouldn’t have to sacrifice your other healthy teeth just because you’ve lost a tooth due to tooth decay or injury. Start protecting them by making a dental bridge appointment with Dr. Nichols and Dr. Collins at Premier Walk-In Dental today. Premier Walk-In Dental proudly serves families throughout Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, Palm Bay and nearby areas.