Coffee, tea, red wine, and blueberries are just a few of the foods and beverages that can stain your teeth. Unfortunately, they’re also delicious, which makes them hard to give up. But the good news is that you don’t have to!
With modern dentistry, we have outstanding whitening options that can quickly and easily hide any evidence of your daily coffee habit. Since teeth whitening in Rockledge is safe, fast, and affordable, it’s no surprise that it’s one of our most popular cosmetic procedures. Learn more about it today!
What’s the Best Way To Whiten Your Teeth?
The best way to whiten is using professional treatments. Here’s why!
- Effectiveness – The concentration of professional products is much stronger and more powerful, while still being safe for the enamel.
- Safety – Some people are naturally more susceptible to temperature sensitivity after whitening. If this applies to you, you’ll be glad to be working with a dentist who can give you the right products for relief.
- Predictability – With a professional treatment, you’ll have a better idea of what your final result will be.
Now we’ll discuss the pros and cons of some professional and over-the-counter options.
Professional In-Office Whitening
This is perfect for anyone who wants dramatic results in just one appointment. If you have an important event coming up soon, you can get up to 10 shades whiter in about an hour.
After we’ve applied whitening gel to your teeth, we’ll make sure you’re comfortable and will come back to check your shade every 20 minutes until you’ve gotten your final result.
Then we’ll apply a professional fluoride treatment that will prevent any potential sensitivity, and you’ll be done!
Professional Take-Home Whitening
This option requires two visits:
- You’ll have impressions taken at the first appointment so that custom-made whitening trays can be made.
- When you return to pick them up 1-2 weeks later, you’ll also receive a supply of whitening gel and instructions for use.
- You’ll wear the trays each day for a specified amount of time until you get your desired result.
A major benefit of this method is that you’ll always have your trays so you can touch up as often as necessary.
Store-Bought White Strips
These products include a limited number of whitening strips, so you may run out before you get the result you want. They also aren’t as effective because the whitening gel isn’t as strong as what we can offer.
Whitening toothpaste will remove surface stains from your teeth, which will help them look cleaner and brighter.
However, it won’t change the color from yellow to white. Only whitening products can do that!
What Should You Ask Your Cosmetic Dentist in Rockledge?
- How severe is my staining? If your staining is particularly severe, the best option for whitening might be porcelain veneers.
- What if I have sensitivity? Your dentist can prescribe high-fluoride products to reduce sensitivity.
- How long will my results last? In addition to getting tips for keeping your smile bright, you can find out how often you’ll want to touch up your results.
One of the best things about modern dentistry is that we have such safe, reliable and effective whitening treatments. Why not take advantage all this procedure has to offer?
About the Author
Dr. Sowmya Kumar understands that oral health is about more than strong teeth and gums; it’s also about feeling confident about your smile. That’s why she offers a wide variety of cosmetic procedures to fit every patient’s needs. If you have any questions, she can be reached via her website or at (321) 631-4334.