Tooth Extractions for Rockledge
Why might you be in need of a tooth extraction? Sometimes a tooth is so diseased or damaged that it can’t be saved. When this happens, you might need to visit our Rockledge walk-in dental office for a tooth extraction. We can perform your tooth extraction without an appointment.
When is a Tooth Extraction Needed?
Visit Premier Walk-In Dental if you think you might need a tooth extraction. We might perform a tooth extraction if:
- You’re suffering from a tooth abscess or infection that is too progressed for root canal therapy.
- If your tooth is extensively decayed and too weak for the placement of a crown.
- If a tooth is broken and cannot be restored.
- You’re suffering from advanced gum disease.
Most tooth extraction procedures are simple. We will administer local anesthetic to make the process comfortable and prevent pain. Once you’re numb, we’ll remove the tooth. Other tooth extractions, such as the extraction of wisdom teeth that have not fully erupted, are more complicated. We can perform most simple and complex tooth extractions at Premier Walk-In Dental in Rockledge, Florida. In some cases, we may refer wisdom tooth extraction to a more traditional dental office. We want to make sure you get the attention you need for your smile to stay healthy.
After Care Instructions for Tooth Extractions
When it comes to tooth extraction, aftercare is essential for proper healing. There are very specific instructions for self-care, and we’ll encourage you to follow these directions to avoid problems like dry socket. Dry socket occurs when the blood clot necessary for proper healing comes loose from the socket where the tooth used to be. You can encourage healing after your tooth extraction procedure from Premier Walk-In Dental by:
- Biting down on gauze applied to the extraction site, making sure to change the gauze regularly for the first 24 hour period. If bleeding continues after 24 hours, contact Premier Walk-In Dental or drop in for a visit.
- Keep your head elevated to help stop the bleeding.
- Use an ice pack to lessen swelling during the first 24 hours after your tooth extraction procedure. After that, moist heat from a wash cloth can be used to help lessen pain.
- Avoid strenuous activity after your tooth extraction, and eat soft foods until you feel healed.
- Do not suck on a straw or smoke cigarettes for a few days. Sucking can cause the blood clot to become dislodged, leading to dry socket.
- Don’t rinse your mouth for the first 24 hours, again to protect that important blood clot.
Contact Us to Learn More
You can visit our Rockledge walk-in and urgent dental care office to find out if you need a tooth extraction. No appointment is required, making us a convenient choice for your urgent dental care needs. Our office helps patients from Rockledge, Cocoa, Satellite Beach, Merritt Island, Viera, Suntree, Melbourne, and Palm Bay, Florida with excellent walk-in and emergency dental care for the entire family. Come see us!
- Tooth Extractions
- Root Canal Therapy
- Dental Crowns and Veneers
- Denture and Partial Repair and Replacement
- Same Day Emergency Dental Procedures
- Dental Checkups and Cleanings
- In-Office Teeth Whitening
Mon. 8:30 - 5
Tues. 8:30 - 5
Wed. 8:30 - 5
Thurs. 8:30 - 5
Fri. 8:30 - 5
After hours by Appointment
Major insurances accepted.